The Joint Contracts Tribunal issued a new Design and Build Form in 2005, a successor
to the JCT Standard Form of Building Contract with Contractor's Design. It looks
substantially different from its predecessor and it is different in structure and
often in its wording.
This major new edition of David Chappell's well regarded book has been substantially
revised to take account of the new contract terms and different structure. It also
· the latest RIBA Terms of Engagement
· the standard novation agreements from the CIC and City of London Law Society
· more than 70 additional cases
It discusses areas where problems frequently arise:
· the allocation of design responsibility
· the role of the employer's agent
· payment provisions
· the approval of drawings
The book will be useful for contractors, for professionals acting as employer's agent,
whether architect, engineer or surveyor, and for the design team acting for the contractor.
It will also be of interest to employers embarking on design and build for the first
time and to lawyers.